Thursday, August 21, 2008

From the Recent Reading List....

I'm always trying to get my hands on enriching books to help in my development as a person, leader, and minister. Here are five reads from this past year that have knocked my socks off and that I'd recommend:

Heroic Leadership: Best Practices From a 450-Year Old Company that Changed the World by Chris Lowney. Loaded with inspirational stories, the basic gist is that leadership is less about tactics and techniques as it is about who you are as a leader.

Not the Religious Type: Confessions of a Turncoat Atheist by Dave Schmelzer (my pastor!). To what degree does one need to adopt "Christian Culture" in order to follow Jesus? Hmmmm.....

Strategic Intuition: The Creative Spark in Human Achievement by William Duggan. It's often been hard to explain "what we've done" when things have gone well in our work. This book comes pretty close.

UnChristian: What a New Generation Really Thinks of Christianity and Why it Matters by David Kinnaman. The truth hurts, but the truth also sets us free...

Surrender to Love by David Benner. All this guy's books are DEEP and this one's no exception.

- Paul

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think we need a Paul's book club. :-P These sound good. Thanks man!